What do you need to know about registering?
1. Any school, after school program, church, community program or youth group can register a team. It does require two adults (primary / backup coach) that must pass a background check to work with children.
2. Grants are available for new and existing teams. There is a big emphasis on teams consisting of a majority of women. The Texas Workforce Commission and the DELL Corporation have earmarked monies specific for that. Please consider that when you recruit the team. If you do not have a majority of women on the team, don’t worry… there is still plenty of grants available for you. Grants can be used for registration fees, robot costs and the balance will be given to you to support the team.
3. The Rio Grande Valley has events in a four county area. Please make sure you factor in travel within the area when you discuss it with your administrators / sponsors.
4. Team size for FLL / FTC is restricted to no more than 15. We recommend that you limit the team size to no more than 10 as it allows a solid role for each person on the team and prevents students sitting on the sidelines. The same coach can have more than one team.
5. Scholarships are available for ALUMNI OF FIRST. Millions of dollars a year are available for those that have been on a FIRST team. Learn more about scholarships![/text_output][line id=”” class=”” style=””][feature_headline type=”left” level=”h4″ looks_like=”h4″ icon=”money” id=”” class=”” style=””]How much does this cost?[/feature_headline][text_output]Do you wonder how much a team costs to operate a year? We have prepared a guide that you can use with your program administrators when discussing projected costs for each team… depending on which program you are selecting. This is just a guide and if you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be glad to help you. DOWNLOAD TEAM COST GUIDE[/text_output][line id=”” class=”” style=””]
To learn more about FTC, visit FIRST INSPIRES.[/text_output][line id=”” class=”” style=””]